Thursday, July 8, 2010

Counting down....

We leave Saturday morning for Mexico! I am excited and nervous. I am nervous to be in a strange place where I don't speak the language. I am excited to see and do new things. The place we are staying has filtered water so my plan is to just drink a big glass as soon as I get there and see what happens! Wish me luck. Instead of volunteering at the orphanage (where we would be doing labor, not spending time with the children) we have volunteered to have tutoring students read to us. We bought 45 books to take with us. They are in Spanish but some of them have the English translation as well. We figure this will be good for our Spanish and good for the kids who are reading to us as well. We arrive in Mexico Saturday night and our first Spanish class is Monday. So we have Sunday to orient ourself and check out the town. We are supposed to have internet access so I plan to update this blog daily. It feels a little strange planning to be gone for 3 weeks without seeing my grandson and other family members but I am mostly very excited. Check in often, I will want to see your comments to make me feel less homesick!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for both of you. Enjoy! You will be missed by many. Good luck with the Language barrier. Remember to have fun. Keep us updated. Be safe.. love you both... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 'Nea. I will come tell you all about it when I get home. I want to try your new pool!

    ReplyDelete