Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diving Certification

We (and by WE I mean Angela) got it approved for us to use grant money to get certified for open water diving here in Tulsa. It is cheaper here plus we can then go on various excursions while we are in Puerto Escondido! I am SO excited about this part of our trip. I first went scuba diving in Australia in the Great Barrier Reef - which will, of course, be hard to top! They had a dive where they taught you a few lessons on the sail boat then you held the instructor's hand while you dove to the reef. It was so beatiful, peaceful, scary, exhilarating, etc. I have wanted to get certified ever since then so that we can dive when we travel. I will try to get an underwater camera, like we did in Australia, to take and post pictures of our excursions!
Expanding my underwater horizons, Nisi

1 comment: